- Workshop or Training
- 21 Sep 6:30 pm
Learn to use a Sewing Machine (Taster Class)
Are you a complete sewing newbie looking to make sense of how to use a sewing machine and/or wanting to have a taster session before committing yourself to a longer, more comprehensive course. Then this class is for you!
On this 2 hour workshop you will learn all you need to know about using and making the most of a sewing machine and make a handy zipper pouch to consolidate your newly learnt skills in the process.
All materials will be provided so just bring yourself along and be prepared to have a lovely time! Please note that this session does not allow for time to set up and go through student’s own machines. When joining this class you will have to use our machines. The basic principles to set up and use a sewing machine are the same for all models and any differences can be easily worked out by going through your own machine’s manual once you have practiced on ours.
What you will learn:
- How to set up and thread a machine and how to wind a bobbin
- How to set the correct tension
- How to troubleshoot common problems
- How to sew perfectly straight seams and how to finish them
- Tuesday 29th August 2023, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday 2nd September 2023, 4:30pm-6.30pm
- Thursday 21st September 2023, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday 4th November 2023, 4:30pm-6.30pm
*The class will start promptly at the scheduled time. Please arrive five minutes early to allow time to settle.
Anything else you’d like to know? Please read our FAQs page before contacting us!
HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR BOOKING? PLEASE CLICK HEREFOR HELP.
PLEASE CLICK ON THE DATES TO FIND OUT ABOUT AVAILABILITY!
EVENT ADDRESSSew Ready
60 Chapel Hill